It’s that time of year again! Eroticon 2020 is on the horizon and I’m incredibly excited for it. Every year, Eroticon does a virtual meet and greet, kind of like a ‘pre-get-to-know-me’ before meeting in the flesh. Away we go, shall we?
NAME (and Twitter if you have one)
Violet Grey. Sometimes called Miss Violet Grey (side note: the ‘Miss’ is not short for ‘Mistress’. That’s a misunderstanding I get a lot so just to get that out of the way! xD)
Call me Violet 🙂 My Twitter is @v_greyauthor.
Tell us 3 things you are most looking forward to at Eroticon 2020.
- The people! It’s a chance for me to get to see some lovely familiar faces I met last year and have a good catch up, and of course meeting new faces as well! Some of you I didn’t get to meet last year, so I’m looking forward to getting to know you all!
- I’m thrilled to be one of the speakers this year! I’m doing a talk on balancing realism and fantasy in erotic fiction, and I hope those who want to come along to it find it useful, and that I can encourage fellow bloggers and writers. I’m both nervous and excited.
- New experiences. I said last year I chickened out of trying the vac cube, but I might this year. Being a speaker is also a new experience. And just overall letting loose. I get to be fully Violet and don’t have to worry about my voice volume if talking about kinky fuckery with like-minded folks.
Sadly with a change of venue this year for the Friday night meet and greet we won’t be compiling a play list but I know that everyone enjoys that bit so…. What is a song that always makes you want to dance?
It’s Raining Men by The Weather Girls. It’s a classic.
What is the best book you have read in the last 12 months?
Oh my goodness, so many! Some I had to read for my MA and others simply just because. I recently finished The Stepford Wives by Ira Levin. Having grown up with the 2004 black comedy movie, and seeing clips of the 1975 original, I wanted to read the book. It’s good, people. A creepy thriller at it’s very core.
Another that I was hyped to read was Postcard Killers by James Patterson and Liza Marklund, after seeing the trailer for the film adaptation with Jeffrey Dean Morgan. I have to admit, at first I was actually quite disappointed. I didn’t like the writing much by way of technique. I felt it could have been tweaked, tightened and polished more. However, as I read more it got better, and while I think it could have done with a few more technical edits, the concept is a brilliant and I’ll probably be reading again. Plus, I’m definitely looking forward to seeing the film.
As you sit writing this post what are three things you are grateful for?
- Cuddles. I’m a total cuddle-bug and cuddles make everything better. Good, bad, ugly, cuddles are always the answer.
- My boyfriend. He makes me feel safe (going from no.1, especially in his arms in a cuddle!) and is incredibly loving. I love how he’s protective, is a family man and turns to jelly around animals and babies. Honestly, it’s so adorable. We might even be going to see some lambs this week! *excited squealing*
- Boyfriend’s family cat. He’s a chunky, fluffy beast and a big lovebug. Giving him cuddles and belly rubs is one of the best things on the planet!
What is your mobile (cellphone) wallpaper or home screen image?
Honestly, it’s still on the default picture. I need to change it!
If someone gave you £5000 today which you were not allowed to save but had to spend within 24 hours what would you do with it?
I’d surprise my boyfriend with a holiday to Japan.
Complete the sentence:
More confidence in myself. As I’m trying to build my blog and profile in smutlancing (a wonderful term coined by the equally wonderful Kayla Lords) I need to be more confident in moving forward with my writing. I feel like I’ve shied away from opportunities that may have open doors and helped me more with earning a living as a writer (which anyone in that field, especially in such a niche as sex writing, will tell you, is not easy). Plus I can be socially awkward, so more confidence in myself is something I desperately need!