First of all, I’d like to thank the wonderful folks at Vibease for sending me this product in exchange for an honest review 😊
So as you all know, I’m fairly new to the world of owning multiple sex toys. So when I had the chance to test out something that incorporates smartphone technology along with vibrations, I jumped at it.
Vibease develop smart-vibrators, as well as host content by erotic audio creators, and as you all know, I love me some audio erotica!
Esthesia is marketed as a ‘Smart Sensual Massager’, being able to sync the 5 pulse settings it has with one’s phone through the Vibease app. So if you are in a long distance relationship (LDR) or just looking for a new way to experience vibrations by yourself and/or with your partner (s) this is an interesting path to explore.
As well, it’s marketed as a powerful clitoral and g-spot vibrator, of premium quality and with quiet vibrations.
The vibrator comes in either pink or purple (I received purple) and is currently available for $119. For buttons and chargers, there are two buttons at the bottom of the product: the bottom button for turning on/off, the top for changing pulse settings. At the back is the charging port, covered with silicone.
For cleaning, the instructions say to wash thoroughly before and after each use. As always I use my trusty Ann Summer’s Buzz Fresh cleaning wipes for this purpose.
- The packaging. I LOVE this packaging. It comes in a nice little box where the vibrator is sitting snug in a white foam-like mould. Lift that up and there’s a white card insert with a hole in the middle to lift up. At the bottom of the box, sits the USB charger, a black satin bag to keep the vibrator and instruction leaflet.
- Body safe silicone. It’s smooth, soft and the curve on the penetration part of the vibrator (you can use for stimulation on the clit, nipples and along the body too) is fairly flexible.
- It’s purple. What can I say? I like purple!
- Me and my boyfriend definitely had some fun with this! I used this in the bath (half submerged as didn’t want to get water inside the charging port) on my clit while he controlled the vibrations via the app on his phone from the bedroom. I got an orgasm, he got to have fun giving me one by controlling the pulses in amidst our busy day. He said he enjoyed using it, controlling the settings, and enjoy sexy times in a new way.
- Relatively quiet.
- The vibrations were a little more gentle than what I’ve used before, despite being powerful. Sometimes I need gentler vibrations and this product was a good one to use if I wasn’t feeling the hyper-orgasmic vibrating power of my other vibrators.
- You can listen to audio erotica through the app while synced with the vibrator. Useful for LDRs.
- There were only 5 pulse settings. While you can create your own custom rhythm with these settings, I personally would have liked more than 5. Also I’d like to see a different selection of speed settings, as opposed to just the one.
- I would have liked different settings isolated to different parts of the vibrator. For instance: keeping the larger curve still for penetration while using vibrations on my clit, as a lot of the time I find vibrations directly inside of me and against my g-spot uncomfortable or painful.
- While I think it’s really innovative, I do have my concerns regarding cyber-security when it comes to smart-vibrators. Also when it came to using the app, my boyfriend, who’s pretty tech savvy, said re: syncing the app with the vibrator, that it was a “pain in the arse to sync.” However, once set up we were good to go.
- Those looking for uber-powerful vibrations, or super diverse pulse settings, I wouldn’t recommend this product.
Overall rating: 3.5/5.
All my love,
*Featured image credit: vibease.com/esthesia